Re: Another lintian release for squeeze?

Raphael Geissert <geissert@debian.org> writes:

> I'm attaching both changes. Comments? suggestions?

> 0007 includes the first set of changes of Lintian::Command::Simple. In
> the .t file I was trying to decide the best way to handle multiple jobs
> while still being able to recognise which one is reaped.

Is there any way that we can fix the output handling so that at least it
won't intersperse output from multiple threads?  Making failures basically
unreadable is unappealing, and I assume that's the possible result.  Can
we use some sort of locking method so that only one thread is printing
stuff to the terminal at a time and finishes dumping its stuff, including
its possible diff, before letting someone else go?

In parallel mode, we should stop printing partial status (building,
testing, OK) etc. and just print out the complete line to the point that
we got and then the failure results if any all at once.  That will work
better with the output handling.

Lintian::Command::Simple looks like a good idea to me, but please don't
call the system() function exec().  I will keep expecting it to be, well,
exec.  :)