Re: Couple of patches

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Raphael Geissert writes:
[...]
>> Do you handle that one?
>
> Not at the moment.  I have lots of other things I want to work on first.

Implemented, see attached mbox.

[...]
> The proof-of-concept looks like a reasonable approach.  I hadn't thought
> of using Data::Dumper for this.  I wonder if there are any other Perl
> modules that does this (save a Perl data structure in Perl code) a bit
> more directly without needing the regex munging.

I don't know of any other, and searching on Google for "perl data structure
to code" returns some references about Data::Dumper and perldsc. After
re-reading the Data::Dumper documentation I saw something I missed the
other day: $Data::Dumper::Indent

Setting that var to 0, and with another simple regex, the size of files.desc
in the "compiled" form is now 37KBs, instead of the 47KBs generated by the
first Poc. Attached new PoC.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer