Re: [SCM] Debian package checker branch, master, updated. 2.2.0-9-g084c116

On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 20:30 +0000, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> The following commit has been merged in the master branch:
> commit 084c116749e2d4316fd342be1a624e744003be9d
> Author: Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>
> Date:   Mon Jan 26 20:30:02 2009 +0000
>
>     Add support for pedantic tags.
>
>     * lib/Lintian/Output/LetterQualifier.pm:

Raphael mentioned on IRC that he wasn't overly keen on the use of green
for pedantic tags in LetterQualifier as it was already being used for
other severity/certainty combinations there.

The fairly predictable reason I chose green is simply that it's the
colour I used for the default output format - as it was unused there -
and I erroneously assumed that the colours in use by LetterQualifier
mapped to those used by the default format (normal and important map
exactly, minor mostly does and wishlist and serious don't).

In any case, I've no objection to changing the colour used in either
case, but I'm not sure there are (m)any useful alternatives remaining -
we've used red, yellow, cyan and magenta, I'm loathe to use black or
white as there's a good chance of them being the background colour and
blue doesn't contrast sufficiently against a black background, which is
why I didn't use it for pedantic colouring to begin with.

Hmmm, "bold blue" looks ok, but has the disadvantage of making pedantic
tags stand out more than others, which probably isn't a good thing. :-)

Comments / suggestions welcome (including suggesting I'm over-analysing
this far too much).

Adam