Re: Lintian cleanup - patch

Adam D. Barratt wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 22:06 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> Attached is an mbox containing a couple  of changes. The first one gets rid
>> of the 'Type' leftovers, and the second corrects a couple of spelling
>> mistakes and typos.
>
> Most of these are obviously correct; thanks.
>
> There's a few where the original is actually correct, or at least not
> incorrect imho; specifically:

Yes, I know, I though about undoing the word-splitting ones (I personally prefer
when the two words form is used, as they are smaller and that's the way they
are spoken).

[...]
> Finally:
>
> -# Takes two predicate formulas and returns true iff the second can be
> +# Takes two predicate formulas and returns true if the second can be
>
> Given that the functions using iff in their descriptions all deal with
> predicates, I suspect this is intentional. From FOLDOC:
>
>     <mathematics, logic> if and only if, i.e. necessary and
>      sufficient.  For example, two figures are {congruent} iff one
>      can be placed over the other so that they coincide.

It's called ignorance, didn't know that "if and only if" could be expressed as
iff.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer