Re: Lintian cleanup - patch

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 22:06 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Attached is an mbox containing a couple  of changes. The first one gets rid of
> the 'Type' leftovers, and the second corrects a couple of spelling mistakes
> and typos.

Most of these are obviously correct; thanks.

There's a few where the original is actually correct, or at least not
incorrect imho; specifically:

-Info: The maintainer address does not have whitespace between the name
+Info: The maintainer address does not have white space between the name

-Info: The source package's filename is not the same as the name given
+Info: The source package's file name is not the same as the name given

Finally:

-# Takes two predicate formulas and returns true iff the second can be
+# Takes two predicate formulas and returns true if the second can be

Given that the functions using iff in their descriptions all deal with
predicates, I suspect this is intentional. From FOLDOC:

    <mathematics, logic> if and only if, i.e. necessary and
     sufficient.  For example, two figures are {congruent} iff one
     can be placed over the other so that they coincide.

Regards,

Adam