Re: Some more t/scripts tests

"Adam D. Barratt" <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> writes:

> Similarly, whilst having the code examples used in the POD be valid is a
> good thing, some of the changes don't quite feel right; for instance:
>
> -    check_maintainer ($maintainer, $field);
> +    check_maintainer my ($maintainer, $field);

Ugh, yeah, that makes the code example valid but only by writing it in a
way that would make no sense in real code.

I always had trouble with the POD test stuff that checks the syntax of
the embedded code because it requires things like declaration of
variables, but a real code excerpt from a running program isn't going to
declare variables directly above the call.