Re: Lintian cleanup - patch

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 10:43 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 22:06 -0600, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> >> Attached is an mbox containing a couple  of changes. The first one gets rid
> >> of the 'Type' leftovers, and the second corrects a couple of spelling
> >> mistakes and typos.
> >
> > Most of these are obviously correct; thanks.
> >
> > There's a few where the original is actually correct, or at least not
> > incorrect imho; specifically:
>
> Yes, I know, I though about undoing the word-splitting ones (I personally prefer
> when the two words form is used, as they are smaller and that's the way they
> are spoken).

I'm still undecided, and a very unscientific survey suggests 100% of the
(two *g*) people in my flat pronounce "white space" and "whitespace"
distinctly - subtly so, but there is a discernible difference. Similarly
"filename" and "file name".

> [...]
> >
> > Finally:
> >
> > -# Takes two predicate formulas and returns true iff the second can be
> > +# Takes two predicate formulas and returns true if the second can be

Not quite so finally, apparently :)

-Info: In the directory name /usr/share/common-licenses, licenses is spelled
+Info: In the directory name /usr/share/common-licenses, licenses is spelt

I've currently not applied that change, as both versions are, imho,
acceptable. "Spelt" is primarily a British variant so I suspect Russ
will prefer the way it's currently spelled. :)

Other than the above, I've applied the changes. Thanks (again).

Regards,

Adam