Re: Check All Packages In Repository

"Nathan Handler" <nhandler@ubuntu.com> writes:

> I am currently working on trying to create a website similar to [1].
> However, this site would be for packages in the four Ubuntu repositories
> (main, restricted, universe, and multiverse). I am already aware of [2],
> but Lars, the person who created that site, no longer has the
> scripts. He has given me the go ahead to try and recreate them. The part
> that I am currently struggling with is figuring out how to run lintian
> against all of the packages in the repositories. So far, the only method
> that I have come up with involves downloading all of the packages in a
> certain repository by parsing the Packages.gz file, and then downloading
> all of the packages to a directory. I could then use lintian with the
> --dist option to run it on all of the files in the repository. This
> method is not very efficient. It would take a long time to download all
> of the files, and it would also take up a lot of space on my hard
> drive. I'm hoping there is a more practical way to accomplish this. Once
> I figure out how to run lintian against all of the packages in the
> repository, it won't be that difficult to generate the html report
> pages. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Just to be sure, you've already seen the bits in reporting, right?  The
harness script there will cope with a local mirror.  You will need to run
Lintian on a system with access to a full mirror in order to get results
for the whole archive.

I think you're also running into the problem that Lintian only currently
supports one architecture and distribution area, yes?  Frank is currently
working on fixing that, although I don't know how far he's gotten.