Re: two more tags

Jordà Polo <jorda@ettin.org> writes:
> On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 02:26:32PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:

>> Attached are two mbox files each adding one of the following tags/checks:
>>
>> Tag: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
>> Type: warning
>> Severity: normal
>> Certainty: certain

This is a misuse of Certainty, I think.  "certain" means that Lintian is
absolutely convinced there is a bug here.  That's obviously not the case
for a tag whose name even contains "probably."  :)

Lintian is of course certain that the description only has one or two
lines, but that's not what Certainty means.

Some of your other recent patches have had similar somewhat-inflated
certainties.

>> Info: The extended description (the lines after the first line of the
>> probably
>>  too few.
>
> Isn't "normal" too severe for this tag? I think minor or wishlist would
> be more appropriate.

Yeah, I think Type: wishlist, Certainty: possible is about right, although
I could be talked into minor.