Re: Full lintian run started

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 01:08 +0200, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 10:33:09PM +0100, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > I'm not sure how easy testing the packages in question by hand on gluck
> > to see if they generate the errors when checked outside the harness is,
> > but for reference they are crystalspace, libqt4-dbg, libqt4-webkit-dbg
> > and libqt4-xmlpatterns-dbg.
>
> djpig@gluck:/srv/lintian.debian.org/root$ LINTIAN_ROOT=$(pwd) ./frontend/lintian -I -E -v /srv/ftp.root/debian/pool/main/c/crystalspace/crystalspace_1.2-20080206-1_i386.deb
[...]
> readelf: Error: Unable to read in 0xf8 bytes of dynamic section
> readelf: Error: Unable to read in 0xf8 bytes of dynamic section

Thanks; that ties in with what I get checking the package on another
i386 machine. (I was hoping it might produce more errors than that, but
that was very much wishful thinking.) sid's readelf doesn't produce any
errors and lintian does therefore correctly issue
binary-with-bad-dynamic-table, but that's obviously not very useful on
lintian.d.o.

My full run had made it up (down, really :) to the binary packages; one
library has caused a bunch of uninitialized value warnings on stderr,
but obviously with no indication as to which due to the stderr
separation. Unfortunately I obviously wasn't awake enough when looking
at the logs this morning and managed to hit ^C in the wrong window so
have had to restart the run. :-/

Adam