Re: yet another patch

Frank Lichtenheld wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 09:05:48PM -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>> Tag: version-refers-to-distribution
>> Type: warning
>> Severity: minor
>> Certainty: certain
>> Info: The latest changelog version appears to mention the name of one of
>> the
>>  distributions.  Unless this portion of the version is part of upstream
>>  it should be removed.  This warning may also appear if an upload for a
>>  specific distribution was intended but the distribution value on the
>>  changelog was not changed.
>
> I'm not sure this check is worth including. I find even the aesthetical
> impact vey low.

Most of my latest checks are based on issues found on packages sent
to -mentors[1]. But this particular check also helps when you forget to
change the distribution to, e.g., s-p-u.

> If this check will be included, please at least take care of testing
> "Unless this portion of the version is part of upstream" within the
> code, it should be easily possible.

Yeah, I was looking forward using a negative look ahead but in the end
decided not to use one but forgot I never implemented it the other way.

I updated the code but left the message just in case there is a extremely
rare case for the second piece of code emitting the tag.

Attached is an updated mbox.

[1] Just would like to clarify that I've been trying to hide some bits so
the packages can't easily be identified so their packagers don't feel
offended.

> Gruesse,

Cheers,
--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.