Re: new set of changes

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 20:05 -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 20:45 -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> >
> > A couple of comments from a very quick read-through.
> >
> >> +Tag: debian-watch-file-specifies-wrong-upstream-version
> >> +Type: warning
> >> +Ref: uscan(1)
> >
> > References are intended to be pointers to further information about the
> > issue lintian is raising; I don't think referencing uscan(1) is
> > appropriate here - nor for -old-upstream-version - as the conditions
> > you're warning about aren't mentioned there.
>
> Mentioned them to support what I said about not automagically mangling the
> version.

Ah, I see the confusion. I read the text as "[...] and the watch file
does no mangling (other than [...])"; thanks for clearing that up.

I'm still not sure the reference is needed. I suspect that as a
maintainer presented with the tag I'd assume that uscan(1) contained
information on why my watch file shouldn't contain the version number it
does. Others' mileages may vary, of course.

Adam

Adam