Re: new set of changes

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 20:45 -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:

A couple of comments from a very quick read-through.

> +Tag: debian-watch-file-specifies-wrong-upstream-version
> +Type: warning
> +Ref: uscan(1)

References are intended to be pointers to further information about the
issue lintian is raising; I don't think referencing uscan(1) is
appropriate here - nor for -old-upstream-version - as the conditions
you're warning about aren't mentioned there.

> +Info: The watch file specifies a upstream version which matches a
> + <tt>debian/changelog</tt> entry and is very likely to be incorrect
as no
> + version mangling (unless specified via d/versionmangle) is done.

"No version mangling is done, except possibly some using method X"? If
the parenthesised section is worth mentioning, is it working checking
for and using to help determine whether there's a problem?

Adam