Re: menu enhancements

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 13:15 -0500, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> > (As a side note, two of the three sample menu files contained in the
> > Menu System Documentation use fully qualified paths, for commands
> > in /usr/bin and /usr/games respectively.)
>
> none of the examples in menufile(5) use a full path;

Indeed not, but it does refer the reader to /usr/share/doc/menu/html,
which does (I was looking at the online version, but that appears to be
in sync with the package).

> but of course games
> in /usr/games do need a path (although one could argue that it isn't
> necessary as non root users often have /usr/games in their $PATH).

Only often? :) It's set in /etc/profile on all my machines and I don't
remember ever setting it. Admittedly it's not on root's default path,
but that's probably a good thing.

Adam