Re: Upgrading lintian version in lintian.d.o?

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 13:55 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> We should probably just release 1.24.3 and the upgrade to that on
> lintian.d.o.  I don't know to what extent we should avoid uploads due to
> the lenny freeze; I think for lintian the answer is "not at all," but I'd
> feel more comfortable with that if that also made sense to someone else.

I've been thinking about this a little over the past couple of days, and
I think I agree.

Packages being uploaded to unstable should be being checked with the
version of lintian in unstable at the time of building. For the case
where one is preparing a -{security,proposed-updates} upload, lintian
cleanness isn't top of the priority list and relying on the output of
the version of lintian in the relevant distribution isn't likely to
produce great results (particularly in the case of oldstable).

Adam