Re: [SCM] Debian package checker branch, master, updated.1.24.2-6-g051f191

Christian Perrier wrote, Friday, July 25, 2008 1:00 PM
Quoting Jordà Polo (jorda@ettin.org):
> Christian Perrier pointed out that the description should mention 1)
> that these are debconf templates translations and 2) the
> podebconf-report-po script, preferably including an example:
[...]
> I'm not so sure about the latter though. podebconf-report-po already
> appears in the referenced section of the Developer's Reference. And if
> needed, wouldn't it be more useful to include that particular example in
> devref itself?

Well, lintian messages are full of such small examples (I'm for
instance thinking about the warning about "should not ignore
errors from make" which gives a nice bit of code to put in
debian/rules.....which I find useful when I have a package
affected by this "problem".

Predictably, I noticed Christian's mail immediately after hitting send on my original reply.

I think the makefile example's slightly different, as the tag doesn't refer to another document where the topic is discussed in more detail and where the example could possibly more usefully be included. That's just MHO though.

Adam