Re: more patches

Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:

> lintian_maint....patch:
>
> Adds a check for maintainer scripts modifying the php.ini file (only
> checks the preinst script as it is "safe" if done on the postrm to
> rollback the changes). I believe the description of the new tag is clear
> enough.

The patch that you sent only checks the postinst, not the preinst.

Are we going to catch any packages by checking the preinst?  Doing
something like this in preinst is hideously broken on way more levels than
just modifying php.ini.

Judging from the policy (I think linking to the draft policy would be
better than linking to the wiki page if it has a stable URL), it might be
legitimate to warn on postinst modifying php.ini and ask packages to
override if they really have to do this.  (It would be even better if we
could check first if they're prompting, but that's hard to do.)