Re: Some patches

Russ Allbery wrote:

> Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com>
> writes:
>
>> The second patch (php4.patch) removes php4 from the list of known
>> interpreters, as scripts should no longer use php4 in the shebang.
>
> Actually, I don't believe we should apply this.  I already did this once
> and added it back in version 1.23.43.  I think we should wait for lenny to
> do this.

The thing is that php4 _won't_ be shipped in lenny. This change should
actually, IMHO, been made since php4 was removed from unstable/testing.

Scripts specifying a php4 shebang should be checked for compatibility and
then changed to php5.

--
Atomo64 - Raphael

Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.