Re: Lintian::Collect, version numbering

On Sat, Jun 07, 2008 at 01:21:36AM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> As previously discussed on the list, I've added a new framework for
> handling data collection about packages.  Currently, the functionality is
> fairly limited, but the infrastructure is now in place and we can start
> growing it.
>
> Every check script now gets a third argument, which is a Lintian::Collect
> object (well, actually either a Lintian::Collect::Source object or undef
> right now, but eventually a Lintian::Collect::Source,
> Lintian::Collect::Binary, or Lintian::Collect::Udeb object, all of which
> inherit from Lintian::Collect).  The idea is that any code that reads data
> from the lab should instead call methods in those objects, which abstracts
> out the interface to the lab.

I've begun adding a Collect::Binary module. Could you please take a look
and tell me if it fits your vision? I was especially unsure about the
usage of the Util functions. Should we take the opportunity to move this
module under Lintian::, too? What would you prefer for error handling in
the new modules? die or return with some kind of error condition?

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/