Re: Full lintian run?

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 06:00:16PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I might make sense to do a full run lintian run for the new version.
> > I would especially interested in the effects of the manpage warning
> > and rpath changes, both of which should eliminate quite a bit of
> > false positives.
>
> Yeah, I definitely want to do a full run.  I was going to give it a couple
> of days in case any showstopper problems showed up.  I'm guessing that
> there may be a few minor issues to sort out with the new web page
> generation logic too, the first time.

I've installed the new version on lintian.debian.org now, but only
tested the html report generation so far. One issue I noticed is
that html_reports copies the images and CSS file to www/reports and not
www/. So either we need to change the copy target or the templates.
Since I didn't know what your original intention was I created symlinks
for now.

I've also created a small script checkout-release in
/org/lintian.debian.org which I used to collect some common tasks during
update of the lintian version. Called as e.g. ./checkout-release 1.24.0
it will do all that is necessary to switch lintian.debian.org to release
1.24.0. Feel free to improve this script.

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/