Re: Nice html formatting for the lintian reports

Philippe Le Brouster <plb@ac-grenoble.fr> writes:

> I'm involved in a small distribution based on the Debian project. So
> I've worked on building a nice html lintian report.

> A first script, lintian2html, convert the lintian output for one package
> into a html report and a second gather all these reports, make-report,
> to make one html page.

> Here are an exemple of report :
> http://trinity.ac-grenoble.fr/~plb/lintian2html/example/

> So I'm wondering if this type of scripts could be useful for the lintian
> project. Currently, the code I've written is a little bit crappy and if
> you think this idea could be integrated into lintian (or something
> else), I could work on a little bit more to make the code cleaner. And
> of course, the ideas are welcome :).

The idea is great, but ideally it needs to be incorporated into the
framework we already use for HTML generation.  See lintian.debian.org for
the current output.

I think that what's there now is mildly better than what you have at
present (if for no other reason than that it uses the internal tag
descriptions and can take advantage of the fact that they have HTML markup
in their native form), but it could stand substantial improvement and
anything that uses CSS and a proper HTML structure would be nice.

These pages are generated by the scripts in the reporting subdirectory of
the lintian source package, particularly reporting/html_reports.