Re: Nice html formatting for the lintian reports

On Sep 30, 2007, at 6:50 PM, Philippe Le Brouster wrote:

Hi,

I'm involved in a small distribution based on the Debian project. So
I've worked on building a nice html lintian report.

A first script, lintian2html, convert the lintian output for one package
into a html report and a second gather all these reports, make-report,
to make one html page.

Here are an exemple of report :
http://trinity.ac-grenoble.fr/~plb/lintian2html/example/

So I'm wondering if this type of scripts could be useful for the lintian project. Currently, the code I've written is a little bit crappy and if
you think this idea could be integrated into lintian (or something
else), I could work on a little bit more to make the code cleaner. And
of course, the ideas are welcome :).

I think this would be useful.

How about having the "typeReport" div class (i.e. spelling-error-in- description) be a link to an explanation or solution to this particular lintian problem?

	Jeremiah