Re: lintian.debian.org still at 1.23.12

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 02:18:01PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> writes:
>
> > Get one way or the other with the db/lintian.index files and the files
> > in pool and possibly parts of bin/genlist a lintian.log out of this
> > framework :). If you can do this, I can probably quite easily get the
> > lintian.log file quite easily into the html files on lintian.debian.org,
> > but generating the lintian.log file is not really trivial.
>
> I may well be missing something, as that seemed fairly straightforward,
> so let me know what I didn't notice.  consolidate-lintian and lintian.log
> in ~rra on merkel.

Well, you missed the fact that the index file will list all packages,
regardless of suite and arch. The current lintian.d.o interface simply
isn't capable of showing that, so it should be limited.

I'm not entirely sure yet how this all is going to work together
exactly, there's more things that needs such techinques to show only
particular archs/suites/etc. And the html_reports thingy is still being
a bitch at me, it requires some other permanent-lab internal data...

> I've been meaning to take a look at the report generation anyway, given
> the couple of bugs that have been reported on it.  I'll look it over and
> see if I get any brilliant ideas.  One thing I would like to see is a way
> to get the info tags for a package, so in general it would probably be a
> good idea to provide a way to see tags only at a particular level.

Info tags are reported, I think the reporting might hide them indeed...
oh well. Brilliant idea's appreciated :)

> Eventually, I'd like to see lintian errors and possibly warnings
> integrated with todo items on the QA package summary, but that can happen
> later.

Yeah, the current status files having a summary of amount of lintian
err/warn/info is already a start for that. Again, probably should become
something across this whole system.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar