Re: lintian.debian.org still at 1.23.12

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 04:07:24PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> writes:
>
> > It crapped out near the end, the whole things is quite fragile anyway,
> > so instead I've been playing today with some totally alternative
> > approach of having a site like lintian.d.o, but then for potentially
> > unlimited amount of type of checks, lintian and non-lintian. You can see
> > results of lintian coming in to /org/qa.debian.org/rebuildtesting/pool
> > (the 'rebuildtesting' name is legacy, it's wrong, but I didn't come up
> > with a nice new name yet) on merkel, but there isn't a good web
> > interface yet (or one at all). For lintian, it's probably for now
> > easiest to actually reconstruct the lintian.log file from the current
> > 'pool'.
>
> > Bonus is that it can do unstable & testing both, and across all archs,
> > instead of just i386. Especially nice and important for checks like the
> > one that checks for 'built-with-broken-debhelper'. It also makes it much
> > much easier to run in parallel scripts with a svn checkout of lintian.
>
> This sounds great.  This is the new approach that lets it work from an
> archive pulse as well?

Not fundamentally, though it's fundamentally good at partial runs, so
there's much less issues with just triggering it off every 15 minutes or
so.

> > I'll announce to -qa later tonight a bit about the status of this, it's
> > work in progress, but it's long overdue.
>
> Let me know if there's anything in particular I can help with.  Faster
> lintian.debian.org results and a way to gather other checks into the same
> interface both sound fantastic, particularly given all those [external]
> wont-fix bugs against lintian that often look like good candidates for
> other tools that work in different ways than lintian does.

Jup, and also to integrate the efforts by those people who want to show
off their super duper fast hardware by rebuilding the archive, etc, and
piuparts, and heck, why not, even linda maybe (just maybe, depends on
what bribes Steve Kowalik has for me... ;) ).

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl