Re: Lintian results for sid-ia64

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 12:18:48PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> writes:
>
> > Since lintian.debian.org is not up-to-date, I ran lintian on merkel on
> > the full sid-ia64 archive.
>
> > The results are there.
> > <http://merkel.debian.org/~ballombe/lintian-svn/lintian.html>
>
> > If you need help wih updating lintian.debian.org, please tell me.
>
> I would love that, actually.  The best would be if you could either find
> the existing documentation for how lintian.debian.org is set up or, if
> there isn't complete documentation, write some -- I poked at it briefly
> but not long enough to figure out how to best update it.

lintian is very easy to setup, expecially since you already have
a config file /org/lintian.debian.org/config.

1) cd /org/lintian.debian.org/
2) svn co lintian (or apt-get source lintian)
3) ln -sf <lintian dir> root
4) root/reporting/harness

The only issue is that people.debian.org and merkel.debian.org run
sarge, so you have to install locally some sid packages and patches
lintian to not call dpkg-source with '-q'.

Please look at merkel:/org/scratch/ballombe/lintian
and people:/org/lintian.debian.org/README.

Note that lintian need currenlty about 10Gb of diskspace for a full run.

The needed sid deb (for merkel, probably the same for gluck)
are in /org/scratch/ballombe/lintian/backport.
I unpacked them with dpkg-deb and moved the perl modules directories
to /org/scratch/ballombe/lintian/root/lib/ (so they are in the @INC
path).

Cheers,
--