Re: Lintian trunk: ready for release?

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 01:09:24PM +0100, Frank Lichtenheld wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 01:52:29AM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Since r40, I think lintian trunk is ready for release. But first,
> > testing is needed.
>
> I would like to include the patches from the following bug reports, too:
>
> #185035 (by me)
> #212811 (by Joy)
> #218543 (by Steinar H. Gunderson)
>
> (all other patches by me are either applied or need some review
> and/or consideration)
>
> Should I just do it or wait for the next release?

Since already quite some bugs are fixed, I think it'd be good to release
anyway, and simply release again in a week (or two, whatever), and
simply keep releasing as fixes are committed.

However, where to draw the line, is quite arbitrary. We do need soon a
moment of no commits, some testing, release, and go on. As there is also
some deb-format stuff still to discuss/change, another 'call for
testing' needs to happen anyway, so if you can commit these fixes soon
(i.e. today or something), I see no problem at all including them (it
won't really delay the next release I think, if you have doubts about a
patch, please do hold off for a short while).

So, do as you seem fit.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar