Re: lintian.debian.org

On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 12:57:28AM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > > And, why are non-free and contrib not checked?
> >
> > No particular reason.
>
> Since most policy (and most potential-for-mistakes) applies to non-free
> and contrib too, any objections to trying to enable that?

Dunno. I don't recall any particular reason why the patch that introduced
grokking the mirror structure (to pick the Packages file from main) was so
detailed.

> When the raw output of harness is downloadable, that makes it possible
> to do data mining on it, without needing to run lintian on the whole
> archive. Do you think you can easily adopt the cronjob to also copy the
> harness output file somewhere to lintian.debian.org?

We're waaaay ahead of you :) It's been symlinked at
http://lintian.debian.org/lintian.log since forever.

I think that's probably documented in the archive of this list, probably
along with a few other things that you might want to know, so check it out.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.