few lintian questions

Hi,

In debugging the lintian errors for transcribers, the following errors occured, for which I don't know clean solutions:

shell-script-fails-syntax-check ./usr/lib/transcriber/tcl/Main.tcl

This is in fact a tcl-hacked sh-bang script. Somehow, tcl never knows where it is located and tcl-programmers seem to use the following hack:

#!/bin/sh
exec wish "$0" ${1:+"$@"}
... tcl code...

non-standard-dir-perm var/lib/transcriber/ 0777 != 0755

This is a directory where users can store audio signal shaped temporarily. These files tend to be large, and need some time to live from one invocation to another. I use a cron-job to clean up files older than a week, and I use /var/lib rather than /tmp because the files may be large. There is the potential danger, though, that users fill /var filesystem space with write-all access.

Any suggestions?

---david