Re: Lintian complaints for qemu-fast

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:28:19AM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> Bold suggestion: what about getting the overrides-responsibility towards
> lintian, and not the packages... of course, for backwards compatibility
> and to cope with impatiant maintainers, the current way should keep
> working, only emitting a I: about getting lintian-maintainers to add the
> override to lintian... Noticing bad tests becomes easier then too.

ohh, come on. In unstable we have currently about 800 override files
(and we haven't even implemented overrides for source packages!)
_I_ don't want to maintain these files and check for every new upload
if the overrides are still needed. Adding additional redirections
normally don't provides better accuracy... Let's just don't do it, okay?

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/