Re: Upcoming NMU; svn commit access for it is open for you

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 12:05:53AM +0100, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 02:37:16PM +0100, Jeroen van Wolffelaar wrote:
> > I just created a subversion repository with the latest lintian release
> > in it.
>
> We need to convert the CVS repository to it, merge in the past releases
> (I have tarballs from all but two or three of them, Shaleh forwarded them to
> me and I've kept all that I released) to make it a full-blown repo.
>
> Note that space on svn.d.o was already allocated for Lintian...

If you can make those CVS things available, I could help with the
conversion (converted 2 weeks ago our 3300+ revision cvs repository on
some other project).

> > (Yes, I know there is already an empty subversion repository on alioth;
>
> Presumably that's the same as svn.d.o, I vaguely recall Wichert managing
> both.

As I'm no DD (yet), I'm not able to access it, while I believe in 'as
few limits/checks for everybody, block abusers', I (for just the NMU)
started this repository. I've noted that you already wanted to start a
more communtiy-managed lintian (you started this very mailinglist, you
had the svn repository created, etc). I think this is a good start, past
history would be great. This moved to alioth for garanteed continuity is
also a better solution, I'm sure on alioth some subverion repository can
be imported.

The only drawback with alioth compared to the current subversion
repository is its more limited commit access, and its unavailability of
http(s) commit access.

I'm very willing to help and cooperate to get things going the right
way, sometimes it's quicker to just start them yourselves as you have
control. I'll make svn dumps available by cron soon to empasize this.
Maybe it's a possiblity if you, Josip, upload from the repository, so
bugs are closed rather than tagged fixed? Can be discussed later. I plan
to call for bug triage, with 140 bugs, tagging them accordingly
'confirmed' (bug is real and should be fixed in code), 'patch' (patch
available) and 'pending' (patch is in svn repository) would greatly ease
the bug querying on items todo depending on the interesting party's
interest (i.e., checking bugs, or writing patches, or <etc>).

I'm closing this mail now as I'm having had tonight a little bit too
much drinks on some birthday, I'lll also not sign because of that (I
doubt i'd be able to type my passphrase right).

G'nite

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar