List contains more SPAM than content

Hi,

when sending my Bits of Debian Blends mail [1] I was explicitely hinting
that Debian Lex needs more supporters.  Looking at the list archive it
contains the last real mail in May [2] all following mails are SPAM.
This situation makes me very sad.

I have the impression that from time to time there is some kick of
activity donw by single people and than they realise that there is not
much response from others and they seem to give up / work on more
burning tasks than Debian Lex (the list archive proves them correct that
this project is not actually a burning task).

>From my experience in the Debian Med project I learned that people who
consider themselves not computer adictive (they call themselves "normal
users" but I hate this term because it seems to exclude people like me
from beeing "normal", yes, you might not believe but I also use my
keyboard to type letters and I'm watching my screen with two eyes and I
think this is perfectly normal) do not consider themselves as activists
in such a project but just are sitting and waiting until a ready product
pops up out of thin air.  They fail to understand Free Software as a
thing which is produced by a community and they beeing themselves a part
of this but rather like a usual software product which just comes
without any money.  People really keep on wondering how this thing can
come free of charge but fail to understand that they have to provide
their very own work to make it really happen.

So if people who subscribed this mailing list wondering why the Debian
Lex project makes no real progress and are just sitting and waiting
until something happens: This is the wrong strategy.  If *you* want
something to happen, it is *you* who should make it happen.  The
principle is frequently called "Do-o-cracy" - the doer decides what gets
done.  So if you don't do anything nothing will happen.

Finally a would like to give a practical hint for the lex topic (which
caused me to send this mail in the first place).  Please have a look at

   https://www.recapthelaw.org/

It might fit somewhere on the Debian Lex tasks pages [3].

Kind regards

     Andreas.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/08/msg00006.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-lex/2009/05/threads.html