Re: Debian-Lex Rebirth? - python/perl/php?

On Nov 29, 2007 4:15 PM, Aaron Rittmaster <ajritz@gmail.com> wrote:
The bottom line is whether the system works and performs the functions necessary to be an effective tool in the law office.

lawyers don't really care what programming tools were used to deal with that data.

Good point, Aaron.  If you ask your average lawyer if they prefer python, PHP, or .NET, they will give you a very puzzled look.  All they want to know is "will it work?"

There are some already existing projects that we may include in Debian-Lex, the aforementioned Legal Case Management for one.  There is also Kumula (written in Python) just to name a few.  We should also thinking about forking a project like SugarCRM--alot of functionality is already built into it.  My favorite feature is an included email client in the next version.

I'd like to evaluate what is already out there to see if there is something that we could build upon.

Chris