Re: Re: Re: Re: Debian-Lex very rough timeline

just to chime in (i dont have much time at the moment):
went to debconf in helsinki, was interesting, especially the focus on
custom dds.
two hints:
any release of debian-lex should wait until skolelinux is componentised
(self configuring network, live cd infrastructure etc)
encrypting can be done (in newer machines) with a TPM (supported by
2.6.13) - the use case described by you is exactly what those chips are
for and the linux library interfaces are already there
cheers
jj