Debian-Lex very rough timeline

Hello once again,

I have been in contact with the originator of the Debian-Lex
distribution, Jeremy Malcolm, and have received confirmation that it is
OK for me to begin leading the compilation and management of the
Debian-Lex distribution. It has been almost a month now since I last
sent a message to this list, so let me briefly remind everyone what my
goals are for Debian-Lex in the coming months:

1) Include important lawyer-specific applications like Knomos
(http://knomos.org/english/mission.php), and non-lawyer specific but
important applications such as Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird, Evolution,
OpenOffice, etc. in a Debian 3.1 distro.
2) Put together a Debian-Lex distribution CD set based on the current
Debian 3.1 (sarge) release.

Pretty simple, but at least this will give us a base to work with to
further tweak and refine the applications that we include in Debian-Lex
as well as the look and feel that we want Debian-Lex to have for future
releases. I am initialing giving myself a deadline of the end of
November, 2005 to have such a release put together and ready to be
downloaded from the Debian-Lex webpage. I have received several
positive emails from some of you over the last month encouraging this
work so I want to make sure that the enthusiasm for this project does
not wane by releasing the "Debian-Lex" distribution soon. (I will
however be right in the middle of building a new home during this time
so I apologize in advance if the November release date slips a bit.)

My future goals for this project will be to build a Knoppix version of
Debian-Lex (for demo purposes), and to include a simplified, graphical
installation program for the non-Linux users out there. I am looking
forward to working on this project, and welcome any feedback, work
contributions, or software coding help that you or your lawyer friends
may have for this project.  Thank you!

- Jeremy A.