RE: Risposta: Re: Debian-Lex very rough timeline

Thanks for the information, Diego!

I will certainly have to look into Italy's lawyer document sharing
practices. In the US, these types of decisions on how to handle
information sharing are typically left up to the state governments. To
my knowledge, there is nothing as advanced as using XML and encryption
standards to promote electronic document sharing amongst lawyers in the
US at this time. Courts in my state (Ohio, US) are now requiring all
documents to be submitted in MS Word format even, which I think is a
very bad idea because we have all heard of the problems that MS Word
documents have of embedding document changes in the final document.
(Which can result in your clients and others knowing details about
certain things - or other clients! - that you don't want them to know
about.)

- Jeremy A.