Re: New project info

First, as far as I can tell, the Case Reporter project will not overlap
with the Mozart project.  Mozart seems to provide a generic "case"
management system, but does not seem to provide a legal case management
system.  In regard to Etude, I have not been able to examine it because it
is in French.  (Language options do not work in the version I downloaded.)
>From what I have been able to get out of it, the projects do overlap
slightly.

Second, in regard to collaboration, I would be willing to collaborate with
other PHP legal software projects; however, I must note that the services
provided by Etude and Mozart have already been developed in the Case
Reporter project.  Nevertheless, I would be willing to collaborate wit the
other programs, but I am not sure what amalgamating the programs would
entail.

Third, in regard to consolidation of legal programs, I agree 100%.  My
preliminary ideas on this would be to have a basic framework or engine from
which all other php projects could be developed/integrated into would
appear to be the best way to go.  Many of the features do not need to be
replicated over and over, such as user authentication.  However, I am
merely speculating on how to develop such community support.

Fourth, in regard to my commitment to the program, I am a 22 year old law
student.  I plan on opening my own law firm in the next few years.  So, one
of my primary motivations is to develop and continue to develop a program
that assists me run a law firm.  Thus, my commitment to the project will
not fade.

Fifth, in regard to programs to which Case Reporter may be functionally
likened to Prolaw, but in PHP obviously.

http://www.elite.com/solutions/product-fam/prolaw/index.asp
Case Reporter:  http://www.dcjent.com