Reorganisation

Hi!
well, thanks for the praise, Ill keep on working on it when I have time. Today I tried to split Deb-Lex into concise chunks of work (based on the messages in the list, the page and my own thoughts). I would expect that with some reorganisation and delegation of tasks Debian-Lex should become manageable, I'll mail the structure later today. Delegation would take at least some workload off your (Jeremy) back while at the same time hopefully accelarating deblex development. One question I have stumbled across, and which I couldnt answer after looking throught the other subprojects, is to what extend it is allowed to adapt debian?
I have found two possibilities, both are mentioned on the webpage:
        * change some fundamental parts
                * this is hinted at with the "LiveCD" point
                * for example change from d-i to the Debian Anaconda port
        * adaption of the existing Debian installation
                * seems more common with other subprojects
                * task based, not changing fundamental debian parts
IMHO debian-lex should aim to smoothe out some of the rough edges that Debian has for new users (of course not at the cost of becoming another Lindows): This would include a number of default choices, some shielding of the inner workings of debian (eg synaptic rather than dselect), custom menues, adapted Desktop environment etc. I'd very much like to be enlightened as to what the general consensus is on the above mentioned possibilities. Personally, I think that in the short run the latter is the only viable option, in the long run however one could publish jigdo images, simply combining of Debian and Debian-Lex.
Thanks
jj