Re: DocSearcher on Debian

On Wed 18 June 2003 01:27, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> I don't know more than what you've said.  Re DocSearcher though, it is a
> shame that it doesn't seem to want to work as a browser applet.  When I
> originally stuck it in our "to-package" list it was because I figured it
> would be nice to stick on a law office intranet, to search through all
> the OOo documents on the file server.  Seems it will only search through
> local files though, which makes it a bit useless.  Or maybe I'm wrong?

It looks like it can be used as a browser applet to search docs on the
intranet, as you imagined.  This site
(http://www.brownsite.net/docsearch.htm) has a little bit about using it as a
web interface.  Lucene (which DocSearcher uses) has info
(http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/gettingstarted.html) that is relevant,
too.  When I get some more time, I'll delve further into it, but DocSearcher
could be packaged such that it can serve as a browser applet.

Matt