Re: d/copyright entries for licenses and copyright data

Hi Richard,

On Tue, Jan 02, 2024 at 10:31:23PM -0600, Richard Laager wrote:
> I document them the same, except that I also add use the DEP-5 "Comment"
> field to indicate that it came from "B".

That's a nice idea.  If I claim my software distribution is licensed under the
GPL, then it's natural to think I mean all of the software distribution.
Simple way to represent what project B probably intended.

(I realize there's also something fishy - that GPL isn't really under the GPL -
but IANAL and this is still better than I'd thought of before.)

Ross