Re: d/copyright entries for licenses and copyright data

On Mon, 2024-01-01 at 13:16 -0800, Ross Vandegrift wrote:

> Suppose project A includes code from project B.

The best option would be to talk to upstream about removing the copy,
further advice about embedded copies is on the wiki:

https://wiki.debian.org/EmbeddedCopies

> How should these files appear in d/copyright?
> (Please CC me, I'm not subscribed.)

Richard Laager responded but forgot to CC you, I bounced the message:

   I document them the same, except that I also add use the DEP-5 "Comment"
   field to indicate that it came from "B".

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise