Re: advice on non-free NXP Software License Agreement

    Johannes> Dear Debian legal, I seek advice on the NXP Software
    Johannes> License Agreement and whether binaries licensed under it
    Johannes> are redistributable in non-free(-firmware) or not. The
    Johannes> full text is at the end of this email. I think the
    Johannes> interesting parts are in 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3. If I'm reading
    Johannes> this correctly, then this means that Debian is not allowed
    Johannes> to distribute work under this license.

That's my reading as well.
We might be able to distribute precompiled binaries under section 2.3,
but not source, and I don't know what is involved in getting the
permissions under 2.3 to apply.

In such situations we have sometimes had success reaching out to
companies and negotiating something.