Re: Hosting the original youtube-dl sources on salsa?

Am Donnerstag, den 29.10.2020, 16:59 -0300 schrieb Rogério Brito:

> As many of you may know, the RIAA issued a resquest for GitHub to take down
> the youtube-dl repository.
[..]
> Given this situation, can I upload a backup of youtube-dl to salsa under my
> user account?  I already maintain the packaging of youtube-dl in a different
> repository that is both on GitHub and on salsa. Should I take it down from
> salsa?

Debian distributes youtube-dl and its sources anyway and has the package on
every mirror. You can also search the codebase on codesearch.d.n. Salsa ist
just one more place. If there is a complaint regarding the package it has to be
directed to the project anyway and then probably all other distributions are
affected too. I don't think you have to do anything at the moment. A specific
request had been sent to github not to you.

My opinion.

Regards, Daniel
--
Regards,
Daniel Leidert <dleidert@debian.org> | https://www.wgdd.de/

If you like my work consider sponsoring me via
https://www.patreon.com/join/dleidert