Re: tomboy-ng package with non standard license.

On Fri, 2020-09-25 at 09:10 +1000, David Bannon wrote:

> However, I don't believe it will help. I think TK is concerned about
> conventional licenses allowing someone to remove his name from the
> package, ship it as its own. Near as I can tell, thats permitted if some
> changes are made. Happened to me...

FTR, conventional Free Software licenses don't allow removal of
information about copyright holders. BSD 3-clause license requires
(clause 1) retaining info about copyright holders, so does the Apache
2.0 license (clause 4a) and the GNU GPLv3 (clause 4).

So I don't know enough about your situation, but I doubt that what
happened to you was allowed by the license. Of course, enforcing the
license against violators is costly in modern societies, especially if
they are have more economic power than you.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise