PCYNLITX and Copyright Issue

Hello,

Yesterday I filed RFP for PCYNLITX [1]. Although PCYNLITX is licensed under GPLv3, the upstream applied copyright
registration to US and Turkey Copyright offices, as stated in the home page:
- An application to the US Copyright office has been performed for the modified version of the source code of the project
- A certificate of registration has been received from US Copyright office for the source code of the project
- A certificate of registration has been received from the copyright office of Turkey
My question is can GPLed programs like PCYNLITX can be included in Debian, if the upstream applied copyright to the source code of program? Cheers, Bagas [1]: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=931400
--
An old man doll... just what I always wanted! - Clara