Re: Copyright concerns regarding Seafile

Andrej Shadura writes ("Re: Copyright concerns regarding Seafile"):
> On Wed, 15 May 2019 at 12:10, Moritz Schlarb <schlarbm@uni-mainz.de> wrote:
> I fully agree. Since the client doesn’t include the code in question,
> it’s out of scope of the issue, so there is no reason to remove it
> >from Debian.

I am very uncomfortable with having code in Debian whose upstream
authors appear to have plagiarised some other people's software, and
then obfuscated it, in order to evade copyright licensing.  Who knows
what other misleading practices they have engaged in, or may do in the
future ?

As a project, we do not have the resources to fully audit all the code
we ingest from upstreams and redistribute to our users.  We must rely
on trust.  That depends on the upstream being trustworthy.

Ian.