Re: Custom license conditions and grant for Wordplay package

Moshe Piekarski writes ("Re: Custom license conditions and grant for Wordplay package"):
> The copyright holder made a statement on Facebook chat that he considers
> the code to be in the public domain. Is that enough for me to consider
> it such?

While legally in some jurisdictions there is no such thing as public
domain, I think the intent of the copyright holder - to grant very
broad permissions, certainly broad enough for Debian - is clear.

There is a difficulty with how we would provide evidence of this
statement if it came to that.  Can you put a transcript and/or
(hopefully fairly small) screenshot into the source package ?

I don't use Facebook, so I will ask: How do you know that the Facebook
user in question is the same person as the copyright holder ?

Ian.