Re: no need to keep non-copylefted files that way in a copylefted project. (was Re: FRR package in Debian violates the GPL licence)

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019, Giacomo Tesio wrote:

Here I suggest you all to find a friendly solution anyway for the same reason.

I tried for years to find friendly solutions. Many of the things others have suggested in this thread I already suggested/explored years and years ago with the people who are now FRR.

If you or anyone else wants to help find a solution, you have my email.

Also, if 3rd parties were to do this, outside of a wider agreement with
copyright holders that would resolve all this, it would likely just
aggravate the situation further.

Sorry, but I don't think so.

You can seek your advice on that, and I'll take my own.

I would not consider that a solution, and not helpful or friendly.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune: