Re: FRR package in Debian violates the GPL

> > We expressly acknowledge that FRR binary packages must be
> > distributed in their entirety under GPLv2 or newer, and this is what
> > I thought is indicated in the Debian package too.
>
> Debian does not attach *any* license to a binary package.

Huh.  This is slightly surprising to me, I thought binaries always need
a license attached too.  But now that I think about it, indeed I don't
even know how I would get a license "label" for a random binary .deb...
(as you say, the shipped copyright file documents its sources...)

> It just documents the licenses of the sources. There is however no way
> (except carefully going through the [documented] build process) to
> find out, under which conditions a binary files can be
> used/(re)distributed/modified.

Well.  Presumably that should yield the same result.  Either way I'll
add some extra comments/docs.

Cheers,

-David