Re: MongoDB Server Side Public License, Version 1 (SSPL v1)

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 10:04 PM Paul Wise wrote:

> I noticed MongoDB are pushing a new license that tries to be like the
> AGPL but more expansive in what software it covers and more expansive
> in what activities trigger the clauses within it.

These changes seem to be designed to create an unfair advantage for
their proprietary MongoDB Atlas tool for cloud hosting of MongoDB.

They are essentially trying to force one of a few possible actions out
of Amazon:

1) publish part of its proprietary infrastructure
2) stop providing mongodb
3) pay mongodb for a different license
4) fork it and continue providing an old version
5) purchase MongoDB Inc and use it against MS/Google

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise