Re: MongoDB Server Side Public License, Version 1 (SSPL v1)

* Paul Wise:

> For your convenience, I have included a full copy of the mail below,
> which includes a justification section as well as full license terms.

The license appears to be an unlicensed derivative work of the GPLv3,
which is not itself licensed under a permissive license.  I'm not sure
if we can distribute the license text.  If not, we can't distribute
the software itself, either.

There is no definition what the triggering “services” actually are.
If it is sufficient to offer precompiled binaries for download, then
this license could contaminate the mirror network.

At least a fork would be an opportunity to correct the offensive name.
But I suggest to follow the discussion on the OSI License-review list:

<http://lists.opensource.org/pipermail/license-review_lists.opensource.org/2018-October/003603.html>

I have a feeling that it is much too early for a DFSG review.